Registered: 1206977259 Posts: 10
My nephew just got married on Friday to a great girl with a 5 year old son. She lost her first husband in Iraq. They left to go on their honeymoon at 1am in order to catch a 5am ferry.Their son was staying next door with my Mom. The bride's mom was coming at 6am to stay in their place to take care of Daisy (beagle 5 yrs) and Captain Morgan (sharpei 8 mo) and her son for the week they would be gone.At 2am the neighbor saw fire coming out the roof and called 911. The firefighters got there very quickly, but not quick enough! Daisy perished in the fire and Captain Morgan was badly burned. The firefighters gave him oxygen and took him to the pet emergency clinic. They did all they could but he was too far gone and had to be euthanized. I feel so horrible for those poor babies losing their lives that way! My nephew and his wife turned around as soon as they heard and came back to a burned down house and their beloved dogs gone. This is such a tragedy for them for just starting out their lives as a married couple. I just wanted to relate the story because we are all so devastated by it. Nobody cares about the things, things can be replaced, lives cannot! They have yet to tell their 5 yr old about his best friends, Daisy and Captain Morgan. That will be the hardest thing for them to do! Thanks for listening, I cannot stop crying about this tragic turn of events. By the way, the inspectors said the fire started from faulty wiring in the kitchen, the fire spread so fast and was so hot, the refigerator was a melted blob on the floor.
Registered: 1278027818 Posts: 47
Healing thoughts to you all...healing and hugs.
Comfort and compassion. Take good care.
Registered: 1219887733 Posts: 11,059
I am so sorry to learn of the untimely deaths of Daisy and Captain Morgan. Losing both babies due to a fire is so heartbreaking. I will keep your nephew and his family in my thoughts and prayers.
Registered: 1260584583 Posts: 607
Such a tragedy, I don't know what to say except that we are here for you. I can't imagine but do take solace in knowing that they are now free from their pain.
Many hugs and healing wishes to you and your family, Nicole
Registered: 1194492978 Posts: 5,100
Dear Spinky's Mommy,
As I read your nephew and his bride's story in an online newspaper I felt such deep sorrow for their loss of their beloved Daisy and Captain Morgan. A fire in the home is something I think we all fear, as so many of us have to leave our pets at home each work day. If I recall, when your nephew was told his house had burned and Daisy had passed away, he said all he wanted was for his "little dog to live" (he was referring to his little Sharpei that the fireman tried to revive). I just cannot begin to imagine how devastated they must be. Please let them know that we grieve their loss and will be keeping them in our prayers. Also, let them know they are always welcome to come here to Petloss for support.
Godspeed precious Daisy and sweet Captain Morgan! You are loved and will be so deeply missed. Sending all of you big ((((hugs)))) Melissa
Registered: 1206977259 Posts: 10
Thank you everybody for your kind words and prayers. My nephew and his wife went to get a new baby shar-pei today (Isabella) and they pick her up next week. She has the same parents as Capt Morgan. She will help fill the void of losing their babies. I feel the pain as if it's my own, but I know their grief is 1,000 times worse than what I feel. Thank you again, I'll keep updating.