Logo. Puff and Midget under the rainbow

ALL the Pet Loss Message Boards are moderated to make this an ABSOLUTELY SAFE place for you to find support.
You must REGISTER before you can post or reply.
Posts and replies cannot be viewed until after they have been checked for content & released by the Board Moderators. - EdW
Pet Loss Grief Support Message Board
Sign up  |   |   |  Latest Topics

  Author   Comment  

Posts: 1
We had to put our Olly too sleep a couple of months ago after a short battle with cancer as there was nothing more they could do for him, he was only 8, he was a rescue and we'd had him since he was 2.5. The whole family feel lost without him. My husband is now desperate to get another one and has already found a rescue that he wants us to re home, the issue is I'm.just not sure I'm ready, my husband just doesn't seem to understand and I now feel under immense pressure to agree as I know he wants him. I know my husband misses Olly so much (he was definitely my husbands best friend) but should I agree before I'm ready? Or will I ever be ready?

Posts: 8
I can't make that decision for you.
You and your husband need to talk and discuss the pros and cons.
Let him know you may be ready someday, just not today.
I know it is hard.
Thinking of you.


Posts: 9
Hi Poppy123,

I know how hard it is. I just lost my wonderful dog two weeks ago. I'm not ready now, I know. But it's just me alone. If you don't mind my opinion, I think that you might give it a try since your husband wants this dog so much. We may never feel ready, but maybe let it happen anyway. Sometimes the best things happen when we're not ready for them. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

If you can, please help support this Message Board with a donation: